Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What has Trent been doing?

My driver, Gilberto, picks me up at around 8:00 A.M. Monday - Friday and takes me to the Teletech site -- about 30 minutes away. Teletech is a 3rd party partner who provides a number of different services for HP's US customers; product repair, part fulfillment, and English and Spanish phone support. Their operation in Guadalajara is only 4 months old, so most of these folks are very 'green.' At this point, only the agent supervisors, quality staff, and lead agents are taking calls. The rest of the folks, the level 1 agents, are somewhere in a 6 week training process to learn product, process and linguistic knowledge/skills. In the morning, I walk the floor to see if I can provide any assistance to the agents who are taking calls. In the afternoon, I work with the agents in training. My area of expertise has to do with HP's Photosmart digital cameras and printers. By the time I leave Guadalajara, there should be around 200 level 1 agents working around the clock ready to take your calls. Next time you call 800-HP-INVENT, you could be speaking with one of these agents. Pretty cool.

No comments: