Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Happy Fish

I have found my favorite little roadside taco place in Guadalajara thus far, The Happy Fish. It's located on the other side of Univa, where we take our Spanish classes, so today I also snapped a few photos of the campus as we passed through on our way to eat lunch. I'm including a picture of my burritos de camaron (shrimp), but the picture does not do this meal justice. They prepare your food order on the grill while you watch, and then you take your plate over to a condiment bar (for lack of a better term). Now this is no ordinary condiment bar, as it contains four different salsas, chipotle sauce, aguacate, grilled jalapenos and onions, cole slaw, cucumbers, limes, and a whole host of chile sauces. So I don't know if the fish are happy, but we sure are!

1 comment:

Melanie K. said...

Everything sounds like so much fun and a great adventure....I am always happy when there is another post. I for one, love all your detailed descriptions of places AND food (even the pics). I believe you have a future job with the travel channel!
melanie