Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nuevo Vallarta


On Sunday, we took a four-hour bus trip from Guadalajara to Nuevo Vallarta, which is about 40 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. The bus is definitely a convenient way to travel around Mexico, as it was very comfortable and allowed us to see the Mexican countryside along the way. I might add that they even fed us sandwiches on the bus, which is more food than I have gotten on any four-hour flight in recent memory!

We are staying at a resort here called Marival, and it is very nice. Our suite is quite large, with one big master bedroom, living room, kitchenette, and two bathrooms. This is certainly a better value than what we have experienced in the Riviera Maya, although I think I prefer that area to this one. Then again, maybe we won't appreciate any resort as much as we would have before experiencing Guadalajara like we did. It sure doesn't feel like it's December, and I'm thrilled to be spending Christmas on the beach!



No comments: